RSS

Earth Day 2016

 
About 2 weeks ago, J brought home a school notification for us to submit a 3D art piece using recyclable materials. I had big plans, but NATO (no action talk only). And then J came down with a viral fever lasting almost the entire week so neither of us were in much of a mood for brainstorming and crafting. Made this super simple craft using egg cartons. I cut, he paint. Easy peasy and quite cute too,  right? K came back from school, took a look and said "So lousy!"....but then came back 5 mins later and told me quietly "Make 1 for me too." RIIIIIIIGHT!

So ANYWAY, J came back from school  yesterday telling me of the elaborate pieces his classmates had submitted and I felt a teeny bit bad for not making more of an effort this year. So although I hadn't originally intended to make him a recyclable costume for Earth Day tomorrow, I decided to do something at the very last minute. Ta-dah! Meet Captain J-Hook! 


Craft supplies used: Newspaper, white paint, black marker, plastic cup, ice-cream stick, aluminum foil.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment